Thursday, April 11, 2013

Garage Sale Season Kickoff!

Last Saturday was "opening day." My parents were in town, so I got to kickoff the 2013 season with my mom and my daughter. Here are a few "treasures" I picked up.


Pretty vintage linens. They remind me of the linens my mother-in-law brought me from her trip to Belgium. I have no idea where these are from.....probably not even vintage....probably made in China! I really do not know, but I like to tuck these under teapots, or under dishes inside my china cabinet, so I bought them.


This is my favorite find from last weekend. It's a children's book published in 1933. I don't buy things at sales so that I can re-sell them, but I do like to research what I find. I paid 0.75 for this book and it looks like it is valued between $60 and $85!


I remember this story as "The Little Red Hen." Maybe the "small" was dropped later? It is kinda redundant.


I'm always drawn to anything made in the U.S.A.


I think the illustrations are great. Every other page is in color, I'm guessing because it was expensive to publish entirely in color??


I found this at an estate sale, she was a Dutch lady and she had several of these around her home. I am guessing this means "Welcome" in Dutch.


Now, I got really excited about this dustpan....is that strange? You just can't find these heavy-duty "mom tools" anymore! It is HEAVY and who knows how old and I was happy to pay 0.25 for it! I told my hub that, "Someday, our kids will fight over this dustpan," he just rolled his eyes. He doesn't get it.


I have been looking for an end table for one of our boys' rooms and this little typing table fit the bill! 



And lastly, I couldn't pass up this vintage Fisher-Price ferris wheel! It was a big hit with my little guy, it's true what they say, "They just don't make 'em like this anymore!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment