Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to school!

Today was our first day back to school. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth. And then, the kids.....they argued and bickered with one another....fought over who gets what color of notebook. It was really, really special. I  do wish I'd had a day that was rosy and perfect. A day that was filled with joyful learning, helpful children, and a cooperative printer and disc drive..but I didn't. 

I had planned on fixing a show-stopping first day of school breakfast, but instead I whopped open a can of cinnamon rolls and called it good! 



 Clearly, Rachel did not like my good morning song and I'll admit, that look on her face had me a bit worried about the direction our day was heading.

Yes. Yes I did. Milk and potato chips.
I bet you can guess which 2 are my morning kids and which 2 aren't. 




 We made it through math, language, world history, grammar, phonics and vocabulary today.

  After school ice cream. I just noticed M is eating with a fork...but that's how we roll around here.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment