Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Annabelle's Fun Farm, Art Lessons, and Fun at the Park

Every year we take a trip to the local pumpkin patch and it is the most fun thing ever except not. It's terrible to feel this way, I know. But the crowds and the over-priced pumpkins and over-fed goats and expensive pony rides just kinda takes the joy out of it for me. Until this year! We discovered Annabelle's Fun Farm in Welch, Oklahoma and Lord willing, we will make a trip there every year for ever and ever. And ever. It was a 90-minute drive on a gorgeous day through beautiful rural Oklahoma and totally worth it. Get ready because there are lots of crappy phone pics to follow! 



We picked our pumpkins off the vine! No pumpkins hauled in on a truck and dumped here! I'm so glad the kids got to see how they grow on a vine.






Pumpkin Bowling


This year, Autism Awareness was the theme for the maze. Part of their proceeds went to the Bill and Virginia Leffen Center. 



Playing in the Corn Crib


Tug-of-War



3-D Paintball




Took a break for lunch!


I couldn't pass up the chance to get a selfie with my favorite flower in the world! And also, I would just like to say THANKS A LOT to all my friends for letting me go around in PUBLIC with these sunglasses. Why did someone not tell me that I look like a bug?? It's like letting your friend walk around with spinach in her teeth or toilet paper stuck to her shoe or wearing only one earring...you get the idea. 

There was just so much to do there, be sure to visit their website at www.annabellesfunfarm.com to get all the info. 

~

I have been searching for a fun art curriculum for my younger kids and I finally found one that I really, really like. www.deepspacesparkle is now my go to place for art lessons. Here is what we did this week. 





And some time at the park. These are my favorite days of homeschool. Getting outside with the babes, soaking in some sunshine and fresh air is just what this mama needs. Whether we are at a farm, hanging with the chickens and pigs, or walking through fields of pumpkins and sunflowers, or just an afternoon at the park. Outside makes everything better! 







How are you spending these gorgeous days of fall? 


Happy Fall, Ya'll! 











No comments:

Post a Comment